Hello UMAHS Parents & Guardians! The counselors are working hard to make sure you can access all of the information that you need to assist you and your student in having a successful high school experience. This page is currently under construction, so please check back frequently for news and updates. Also, if there is anything you would like to see on the site but cannot find, please contact Erik Enters, College Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the requested changes.
Click here to access Naviance Family Connection: Family Connection Website
Family Connection by Naviance is a web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that students can use to help in making decisions about colleges and careers. Through Family Connection, the Counseling Department and the College Career Center is able to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that's specific to Upper Merion.
Family Connection will allow students to:
Family Connection also makes it easy to share information about upcoming meetings and events and other Web resources for college and career information. Students can also use the site to send Upper Merion counselors and college admission representatives an e-mail message.
Your student received a registration code for you as parents to access the site. If you need your password reset, please contact your student's counselor - Staff
Financial Aid Nights:All programs are held in the LGI at the High School, 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27 & Wednesday, Dec. 5. All parents are welcome to join us to learn about the FAFSA, scholarships, loans, and more!
My student is...
1. HAVING ACADEMIC DIFFICULTIES - High school offers new challenges and rewards for students. However, sometimes students have difficulty adjusting to the new demands on their time or the increased workload. While you can always contact their teachers/counselor, one place they can be referred to is the Instructional Support Team (IST). This team of school professionals gathers data about the student's performance and analyze what interventions could be implemented to make the student more successful in the classroom. Visit their website for more information:IST
2. DEALING WITH EMOTIONAL/PERSONAL ISSUES - if your student is facing challenges outside of school that are impacting his/her academics, you can refer them to Upper Merion Area Assistance Team (UMAAT). This team of trained school professionals provide confidential support, from identification to referrals to follow-up care. For more information, visit their website at: UMAAT
3. NEEDING ADDITIONAL SUPPORT ACADEMICALLY - if your student needs a little extra guidance in completing homework assignments, two services are available to him/her. First, Supervised Study is available on Tuesday/Wednesdays/Thursdays from 2:30-4:00 in the library. Teachers are available from various disciplines to provide support for students. A late bus is available at 4:30 for these students. Second, Peer Tutoring is available within the school for various subject areas. You can contact your student's counselor to arrange for a tutor for your student: Counselor Info
1. Go to the UMASD Calendar website: UMASD Calendar
2. Click on High School in the upper left-hand corner
3. Scroll down until you see Guidance ical.ics.
4. Click on Web View
5. From there, you can explore the calendar and view by day, week, or month.
*Note, you DO NOT have to have a Mac to see the calendar*
Helping Your Student Think about Career Readiness: 8 tips for helping your student prepare to choose a career and steps for making that goal a reality
Collegeboard launches new web resource for students:Read about the redesigned college board website
From the Naviance website:College Information Podcast Listen Here